Pancakes are a weekend favorite in our household. There’s something about the sound of sizzling pancakes on a hot griddle that brings my instant joy. Now as far as pancakes go, I love just about anything – blueberry, banana, pumpkin, chocolate chips, you name it! When I was experimenting with this recipe, I had a hankering for a banana nut muffin (so random!), but that’s how this yummy pancake was born.
Walnuts are considered one of the world’s healthiest foods. They are known for their levels of Vitamin E, which help with glowing skin and luscious hair. Other important health benefits of walnuts stem from the fact that these nuts have anti-inflammatory properties, aid in weight management, and help boost your mood. I love to have a small handful of nuts a few days a week to reap these benefits!
Aren’t pancakes just more fun when you top them with things? In this case, the bananas and walnuts truly make eat bit taste like a fluffy banana nut muffin. You’re welcome 🙂
Now, pancakes are not complete without a drizzle of pure maple syrup. I love ordering my maple syrup from Thrive Market. Not only is this the best priced natural syrup, but it gets delivered straight to my door! Give it a try and you’ll receive 25% off plus free shipping on your order.
Be sure to follow livingwellwithnic on Instagram and tag your recipes with #livingwellwithnic or leave a comment below!
Banana Nut Muffin Pancakes
Healthy, fluffy, gluten free pancakes that come together in 20 min.
- 1 very ripe banana (the riper the better), mashed
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 TBS walnuts for topping
- ½ banana sliced for topping
- Pure maple syrup for topping
- Heat a griddle on medium heat with 1 tsp of coconut oil. While the oil is heating up, mash the banana in a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl
- Combine thoroughly
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the hot griddle
- Flip pancakes when bubbles form in the middle
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side, then top with walnuts, sliced banana, and maple syrup.
Author: Nicole Nelson