These Vegan Pumpkin Muffins are fluffy, moist, pumpkin-y, and refined sugar-free.
The fact that we are only in the second week of October makes me so excited because that means fall is in full swing! Fall in Minnesota is the best time of the year. I wish I could freeze these few precious months and have it stay fall year round.
Now, with fall weather comes lots of baking, especially with pumpkin. I’m not the biggest pastry person, but once and awhile I crave a big, fluffy muffin. Like the muffins you see in the bakery case that just make your mouth water.
Let’s get baking! The beauty of these muffins is they only require one bowl.
These Vegan Pumpkin Muffins are a little piece of fall heaven in each bite. I think my favorite part is the crumble topping. It’s the perfect blend of sweetness and crunch.
I hope you enjoy these muffins! They make for a great mid-morning snack with a steaming cup of coffee.
If you make this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and take a picture tagging take a picture and tag it #livingwellwithnic on Instagram!
Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
|Prep:||Yield: 9 large muffins||Total:|
- 1.5 flax eggs (1 1/2 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 4 Tbsp water)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- Crumble Topping (optional):
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 1/4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a standard size muffin tin (will make 9 large muffins). Dust with gluten free flour and shake out excess.
- Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin purée, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and whisk for one minute.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, and mix. Add water and whisk once more.
- Add almond meal, gluten-free oats, and gluten-free flour and stir until just combined. The batter should be thick.
- Divide batter evenly among 9 muffin tins, filling all the way full.
- Using your mixing bowl, add crumble ingredients. Mash ingredients together with a fork or your hands until crumbly like wet sand. Generously top muffins with streusel.
- Bake for 27-32 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick or knife comes out completely clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then gently remove and cool completely on a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Once completely cooled, store in a covered container at room temp for 3-4 days, though best when fresh. Freeze for longer term storage.