These Almond Butter Bliss Balls are sweet, nutty, chewy, and make for the perfect snack or sweet treat.
The best part about bliss balls (or energy balls, whatever you want to call them) is their versatility! You can use any nut butter, protein powder, and superfoods that your heart desires. They truly can be personalized any way you like.
These don’t involve any baking, but taste like a little slice of heaven! Raw treats are actually my favorite 🙂 I mean yeah, I do love a giant began melty chocolate chip cookie every once and awhile, but raw vegan desserts are my jam.
They’re perfect for taking on-the-go when you’re headed out the door to a workout class, satisfying your sweet tooth at night, or for a little afternoon pick-me-up. I love storing them in the freezer! I love the texture when they’re frozen.
Trust me, the next time you get a craving for something sweet, whip up a batch of these bliss balls. You’ll thank me later 😉
Almond Butter Bliss Balls
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 20 balls||Total:|
- 1 scoop vanilla plant based protein powder (I like Sunwarrior and Tone it Up Brand)
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ¼ cup coconut nectar (can use maple syrup or honey)
- 1 TBS ground flax seeds
- 1 TBS hemp seeds
- Optional: cinnamon, vanilla, maca powder
- Chocolate Drizzle:
- 3 TBS dark chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Add protein powder, rolled oats, almond butter, collagen peptides, coconut nectar, ground flax seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and maca to food processor or high-speed blender.
- Pulse until ingredients are blended. You may need to scrape down the sides.
- Add mixture to a large bowl to make for easy scooping.
- Form energy bite mixture into 1" balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Cover and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate chips in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Once chocolate is 90% melted, turned the heat off and continue stirring.
- Remove balls from the freezer.
- Using a small spoon, drizzle chocolate over the balls in a diagonal direction. You will probably go over the balls about 3 times to use up the chocolate.
- Pop back into the freezer for 30 min, then enjoy!
- These store best in the freezer or refrigerator in an airtight container.