These dreamy vegan Superfood Protein Almond Butter Cups are going to blow your mind!
Only a handful of ingredients and ready to devour in 30 minutes. Packed with healthy fats, protein, collagen, and superfoods, these will for sure become a go-to healthy sweet treat!
I love the pop of color that the goji berries add! But more importantly, these little pink berries are packed full of antioxidants, fiber, Vitamin C, and Zinc.
“These berries contain all 8 essential amino acids. A single 4 ounce serving provides nearly 10 percent of your daily value for protein. For fruit, this is a surprising amount of protein.
The carbohydrates in goji berries are also complex carbs. This means your blood sugar will rise slowly, reducing your risk of a sugar crash afterward.” (Healthline).
If this isn’t making your mouth water…
Superfood Protein Almond Butter Cups
|Prep:||Yield: 6 regular sized cups or 12 mini cups||Total:|
- 1/4 + 1 TBS cup almond butter
- 2 TBS vanilla protein powder (plant-based)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 TBS goji berries
- 1 TBS cacao nibs
- Fill muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl almond butter and protein powder together.
- Next, separate the peanut butter and protein mixture into 6 little teaspoon sized balls.
- In a small saucepan, melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring until chocolate is smooth.
- Scoop one teaspoon of the chocolate mixture onto the bottom of each muffin liner. Then, place muffin tin into the freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Next, place one protein almond butter ball on top of each hardened chocolate, carefully flattening the ball with your finger until it has a smooth top.
- Finally, add the remainder of the melted chocolate on top of the almond butter to each liner to complete your almond butter cup.
- Sprinkle goji berries and cacao nibs on top of each cup.
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes until chocolate is hardened.